Monday, September 19, 2011

10 must-read posts for new visitors

There will be a lot of new visitors here at Head Indie Clouds over the next few weeks as my album, Bits and Pieces, is sold. There's quite a few posts on this blog, so I figured I should compile a list of the top ten posts new visitors should read first so they can understand what Head Indie Clouds is all about before plunging in to the rest of the posts.

Read them all or pick a few that look interesting... enjoy! (Be sure to click on Click to continue reading or leave a comment to view the whole post!)
  1. Listen to samples of Bits and Pieces by clicking here!
  2. Read the introduction to the project on the What is going on here? page. Bits and Pieces encompasses quite a few different genres. I had never tried performing any jazz music before this album, and it was a really different experience. You can read about my experience and discoveries with jazz in Trying out jazz... and liking it.
  3. I explain my not-so-traditional method of recording in Recording studio at home... without paying a cent.
  4. I didn't have professional music producers to edit and mix the tracks of Bits and Pieces for me. Instead, I taught myself how to create well-mixed tracks through research and experimentation. One great instance of this is when I taught myself about panning. Every music-listener should understand the concept of panning, and I explain it in plain English in Learning the ropes: Panning 101.
  5. I really enjoy graphic design, but when I designed all the artwork for Bits and Pieces, I learned a LOT about the process. In an effort to make technical design stuff simple and interesting, I wrote Learning the ropes: Graphic design for CDs.
  6. In late August, Head Indie Clouds was chosen to be added in a blog gallery called GlitterBurned. Not only was it added to this selective directory, but it was feature on their FRONT PAGE! See what happened by reading Head Indie Clouds is FEATURED on GlitterBurned??!!.
  7. Sunday Morning, the duet on the album, was so much fun to record with my best friend, Audrey Lamont. I describe the process in Two voices are better than one.
  8. You can read about one of my simpler songs, Fix You, in Sometimes, simple is better (and see some snazzy pictures of me at work!).
  9. And finally, BITS AND PIECES IS NOW AVAILABLE!!!! tells you exactly how you can get your hands on a copy of Bits and Pieces!

Click on the image to make it bigger!
Thanks to the 5,265 visitors (and counting!) from all over the world who have enjoyed Head Indie Clouds. I hope you all continue to follow this blog, as well as share with your friends! Please leave any of your thoughts in the comments! (: