Monday, August 15, 2011

Sometimes, simple is better.

It's incredible. After working for three long days on the jazz song, and deciding that I should take a break from it, I had a nice surprise. Twenty minutes ago, I started a new song. Now I'm done with it. Say, whaaaat?

Hey, I'm not complaining, though! That's one more song crossed off of my list! When you are on the time-table I'm on, and under the stress I'm under, and having the fun I'm having, achievement never gets old.

In stark contrast to the jazz experience the other day, I am quite in my element in this song. My rendition of this song is simple, a welcome change after the complexities of the jazz song. I'm glad I have a mix of genres and styles on this album; every song is refreshing after working on the previous one.

Sometimes, simple really is better. Man, I love getting stuff done in one take. I managed to record the piano AND the vocals in ONE TAKE EACH. Holy cow, that never happens. I think fate took pity on me after these past couple of days spent struggling with incredibly complicated jazz stuff.

In unrelated news, my little brother Frank was kind enough to take some (a lot) of pictures for me while I was working this morning. (Thanks, bud!) It'll be nice to have some more photos to incorporate in my blog posts! I think it makes it more personal and real.

 Hopefully I'll have time to write a post my adjusted recording process, and I can use some more of the photos then!

Thanks again to everyone who reads this blog and supports me in this project. I can't thank you enough. Comments from people (in the comments or just in life) who are excited about my music is what motivates me. Seriously. Thank you. I hope you stick around!