Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Guest post: Music is art, and art is everything.

This guest post was written by Fatima Ajose. If you are interested in writing a guest post for Head Indie Clouds, please email me at mariajerniganmusic@gmail.com.


Art has recently become a big part of my life as I began writing poetry. For me art has no boundaries and is interpreted differently by every single person. Music and pieces of artwork are the most recognized forms of art, but my "art spectrum" opened up a little further to include things such as vacuums and shoes when I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art this summer. It surprised me when I saw a purple and orange vaccum displayed as a piece of artwork, but right then as I was looking at it I realized that I was being closed minded about art and the many forms it comes in.

I left the museum with a new perspective and inspiration to write a new poem:

Art like this made me think.
"Art" by Fatima Ajose

Its left to interpretation
Just like life, death, and the bible
It means different things in different cultures
Just like life has no meaning to some
And a lot to others
It represents expression of self
Just like death represents moving up or down a level to some
And heaven to others
It transcends languages
Just like the bible is translated so all can understand
Art is what holds us all together
It comes in many forms
Music, poems, paintings
So don’t box art in because it can mean one thing to you
And another to me 

This poem is included in my eBook titled "Poems for a Reason," which is currently available at Lulu.com for $2.99. All the proceeds made from the eBook goes to Relay for Life in order to help find a cure for cancer. Please consider purchasing it!
Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.


A big thanks to Fatima for writing the first guest post on Head Indie Clouds. Remember, if you are interesting in getting your post published on Head Indie Clouds, email me at mariajerniganmusic@gmail.com.