Saturday, August 13, 2011

Editing and mixing tracks for basic to intermediate users

Click to enlarge
Although I've been meaning to for a while, I have never explained how I edit and mix the tracks to make the songs on the album.

In a previous blog post, I covered the hardware I use to record my tracks. The software is just as crucial, if not more so. I use a multitude of programs, including:

  • Windows 7 Sound Recorder
  • Roxio Advanced Sound Editor (as a part of the Roxio Creator 2011 Pro Suite)
  • Roxio Edit Audio Tags (as a part of the Roxio Creator 2011 Pro Suite)
  • Audacity by SourceForge
  • Direct MIDI to MP3 Converter
If people are interested, I could do a series of tutorials for each of these programs to show how people with even just basic knowledge of sound and computers can edit together their own tracks. Would that be interesting or beneficial to anyone or would I be wasting my time?